Interested in pets? Want to get some ideas about the things that are best suited for them? Well, you are absolutely at the right place. Here we let people know about the important things that would keep your pets healthy and happy. If you are keeping a pet dog then its’ well being would be one of the most important things that would concern you. That is quite normal. There are some dogs that suffer from itches because of swelling of skin at several areas. Some get anxious because of long car journeys and require immediate treatment. Benadryl would be suggested to be one of the most popular and well used medicines for pets like dogs. This particular medication allows dog to stay calm when anxious and also makes them relax when certain part of their skin gets itchy. There are certain people who keep wondering about the amount of Benadryl that should be given to the pet, or sometimes they wonder whether it would be right for them or not. In these situations you would need some basic tips that would let you know about the rules that you would need or not need to follow while using it. Thus following are some tips that would let you know all about that.
1. The first concern of yours would be about whether you are supposed to give your dog benadryl or not? And if yes, then when would be the right time to do so. Well, it is absolutely all right to give benadryl to your dog. benadryl is a simple medicine that acts against histamine which fights against the effects of itching and skin diseases. So if your dog has been having terrible skin problem and is making him restless or your dog has been attacked by a bee sting, then taking this medicine would absolutely save your dog from all types of irritation. If you are not being able to understand if your dog has allergies or not then watch out if your dog is sneezing too much or not. If he is doing so and itching too much or licking his paws too often, then he might be having allergies and you could surely opt for Benadryl at that time.
2. The next thing that you would think about would be the Benadryl dosage for dogs that you should use on your dog. Now, the dosage depends upon weight and size of your dog. If it is of average weight and size, then 10 mg of Benadryl should be all good for it. This could be continued for 2 to 3 times a day for 2 to 3 weeks. The pet of yours would certainly feel better by then.
3. The next question that could come in to your mind would be, if the Benadryl does not work on your dog and if it fails to cure your dog then, what are you supposed to do? Well, in this situation you are supposed to visit a vet and look for immediate treatment that should make your dog feel better. Since dogs are not able to express themselves it would completely be your duty to check whether the medicine is working on him or not.
4. Now tips on the procedure that is to followed while giving benadryl to your dog. You could thus put the tablet on the back of the throat and rub it down its throat so that it could swallow the tablet. Otherwise, you could put the medicine in the food of your dog so that it could have the medicine with the food.
5. One thing to keep in mind while giving benadryl to any of them is that, if your god has any kind of heart diseases or prostrate disease then it is good to not give benadryl to them. In fact pregnant dogs, dogs with high blood pressure and nursing dogs are supposed to be kept away from giving benadryl too.
Thus these were some of the basic tips and techniques to keep in mind if you are thinking of providing your dog with some benadryl. It is always preferable to consult with a vet whenever you find your dog to go through certain irritation. Sometimes little bit of problems could lead to lots of pain later.